Sat, May 07|
Bull Meadow Range Complex
Smallbore 100m Prone Competition
Robertson Memorial F-Class
Time & Location
May 07, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Bull Meadow Range Complex, East Hants, NS B0N 1P0, Canada
About the event
International Shooting Sports Federation rules (ISSF website: www.issf-sports.org) for Match Rifle; Shooting Federation of Canada rules (SFC website: www.sfc-ftc.ca) for Sporting & Practical (Hunting) Rifle; NSRA Smallbore F-Class rules, ref. NSRA website (www.nsrifle.org).
For all matches EXCEPT F-Class - Cibles Canada Targets #SB-100, 100 yard Smallbore rifle target (a copy of the NRA 100 yd. target); scoring ring dimensions: X-1", 10-2", 9-4", 8-6", 7 (black aiming mark)-8", 6-10", 5-12".
F-Class Targets: SFC 50m Sporting Rifle Target. Following are the diameters of the scoring rings: Black aiming mark/8 ring- 120mm(4.8") 9 ring- 80mm(3.2") 10 ring-40mm(1.6") X ring-20mm(0.8")
Shots & Scores:
All matches consist of unlimited sighters and 60 shots on score, to be fired in three strings of 20, i.e., 20 scoring shots on each of three targets. Highest possible score: 200 per target; 600 per match.
Timing: All matches - 30 minutes for 20 shots on score and unlimited sighters per target.
Matches & Courses of Fire: ALL matches to be fired from PRONE position.
• Match Rifle
• F-Class Rifle
• Sporting Rifle
• Practical Rifle
Rifles, Sights, & Equipment:
Calibre limited to .22 LR only.
• Match Rifle: Heavy target rifle, aperture sights (no optical sights), weight up to 8 kg. (17.6 lbs.), slings allowed, shooting jackets allowed.
• F-Class Rifle: Any rifle, attached bipod and rear bag allowed, optical sights allowed, shooting jackets allowed.
• Sporting Rifle: Light target rifle, aperture sights (no optical sights), max. weight 4.0 kg (8.8 lbs.), minimum trigger pull 1 kg (2.2 lbs.), movement of butt plate, upward or downward from neutral position is limited to +/- 30mm (1"), thumbhole stocks allowed, sling support NOT allowed, shooting jackets allowed.
• Practical Rifle: Any normal hunting / field / recreational shooting type .22 rifle, must not have been originally designed as a target rifle, any sights including optical, nonadjustable cheekpiece, use of magazines permitted, sling support NOT allowed, shooting jackets NOT allowed.
Spotting scopes permitted in all classes.
1. NSRA medals will be issued if there are sufficient competitors in a particular class (total competitors less two)
2. John O'Connor Robertson Memorial Trophy - the name of the first place winner of the F-Class match will be engraved on this annual trophy which was initiated in 2015. Only members of NSRA or AMA are eligible for this trophy (John was a member of both).
All classes will be fired concurrently, e.g., for a particular relay there could be competitors shooting Match, F-Class, Sporting, and Practical all on the line at the same time (as noted above, time limit is the same for all).
Bring drinking water and hand wash water and lunch. Sunscreen and insect repellent recommended.
Tick note: Ticks are present at Bull Meadow. It is suggested that you apply a DEET type insect repellent to your boot tops, socks, and pant cuffs and that you wear light coloured clothing. After arriving home, do a complete body check for ticks. There is no clubhouse at Bull Meadow, there are privy (outhouse) toilets.
Weather Note: Competition will not be held in heavy rain. If weather forecast is doubtful a decision on whether or not the competition will be held will be made on Saturday afternoon If you plan to attend notify the Section Chairman (contact info below) so you can be notified if the match is cancelled - if you have pre-registered and are not contacted, the match is "on".