Sat, Apr 30|
Bull Meadow Range Complex
Smallbore 50m Prone Open Match
Time & Location
Apr 30, 2022, 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Bull Meadow Range Complex, East Hants, NS B0N 1P0, Canada
About the event
Rules: International Shooting Sports Federation rules (ISSF website: www.issf-sports.org) for Match Rifle; Shooting Federation of Canada rules (SFC website: www.sfc-ftc.ca) for Sporting & Practical (Hunting) Rifle; NSRA Smallbore F-Class rules, ref. NSRA website (www.nsrifle.org) Note: In Match, Sporting, and F-Class shooting jackets (any type) may be worn; in Practical Rifle, shooting jackets not permitted.
Targets: SFC #151, 50m Match Rifle targets for Match Rifle; SFC #135, 20 yd. Sporting Rifle targets for F-Class ; SFC #153, 50m Sporting Rifle targets for Sporting Rifle and Practical Rifle.
Shots & Scores: Each match consists of unlimited sighters and 60 shots on score, to be fired in three strings of 20 scoring shots per string (per target). Highest possible score: 200 per target; 600 per match. All targets, except F-Class, have two sighting bulls and four scoring bulls (five scoring shots per bull). F-Class targets have two sighting bulls and ten scoring bulls (two shots per bull).
Timing: 30 minutes per target (sighters and 20 scoring shots) for all matches.
Matches & Courses of Fire (you may shoot one or more matches - likely two matches will be the most you can/will, be able to shoot in available time):
• Match Rifle prone
• F-Class Rifle prone
• Sporting Rifle prone
• Sporting Rifle 3-Position
• Practical Rifle prone
• Practical Rifle 3-Position
Note: If a competitor in Sporting or Practical shoots prone and 3- P, his/her first prone target (20 shots) will be used as their prone of the 3-P match.
• 3-P will be fired in the order: prone, standing, kneeling.
Rifles, Sights, & Equipment:
Calibre limited to .22 LR only.
• Match Rifle: Heavy target rifle , aperture sights (no optical sights), weight up to 8 kg. (17.6 lbs.), no minimum trigger pull, sling support allowed, shooting jackets allowed.
• F-Class Rifle: Any rifle, front attached bipod allowed and rear rest (not connected to front bipod) allowed, optical sights allowed, shooting jackets allowed.
• Sporting Rifle: Basically light target rifle, aperture sights (no optical sights), max. weight 4.0 kg (8.8 lbs.), minimum trigger pull 1 kg (2.2 lbs.), movement of butt plate, upward or downward from neutral position is limited to +/- 30mm (1"), thumbhole stocks allowed, sling support NOT allowed, shooting jackets allowed.
• Practical Rifle: Any normal hunting/field/recreational shooting type .22 rifle, must not have been originally designed to be a target rifle, any sights including optical, nonadjustable cheekpiece, use of magazines permitted, sling support NOT allowed, shooting jackets NOT allowed.
Spotting scopes permitted in all classes.
Awards: NSRA medals will be issued if there are sufficient competitors in a particular class.
Procedures: All classes will be fired concurrently, e.g., for a particular relay there could be competitors shooting Match, F-Class, Sporting, and Practical all on the line at the same time (as noted above, the time limit is the same for all).
Logistics: Bring drinking water and hand wash water and snacks.
Tick note: Ticks are present at Bull Meadow. It is suggested that you apply a DEET type insect repellent to your boot tops, socks, and pant cuffs and that you wear light coloured clothing. After arriving home, do a complete body check for ticks.
There is no clubhouse at Bull Meadow, there are privy (outhouse) toilets.
Reminder: Eye protection is now mandatory for all shooters taking part in Smallbore Rifle Section events. Prescription eyeglasses will be acceptable, but be aware that their protection effectiveness varies with size and configuration - the addition of clip-on side shields should be considered.
Entry Fee: $20
Weather Note: The competition will NOT be held in rainy conditions. A decision on whether or not the competition will be held will be made on Friday afternoon.
Registration & Safety Briefing